TEN GOLDEN RULES OF HEALTH
Prof. Dr. Suresh Kumar Agarwal
- Eat healthy, fresh and nutritious food. Seasonal fruits and vegetables, wholesome food and germinated grains. Avoid over cooking. Chew your food well. Organically grown foods should be given preference. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of fresh and pure water daily.
- 15 minutes of regular exercise for at least 4 days a week is essential. Brisk walking, yoga, surya namaskar etc are good practices. Deep breathing exercises such as prayanam should be practiced daily. Body weight should be maintained through proper diet and regular exercise.
- At least 7-8 hours sleep per night is essential for invigorating and refreshing health.
- Regular bath and regular habit of defecation should be maintained. Fasting once a week helps the body to recuperate and rejuvenate. Liquids such as warm water, citric fruits juices, fresh buttermilk, coconut water etc can be taken during fasting.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, drugs, tea, coffee, aerated water, sugar, fatty foods, junks food, processed, canned and frozen foods etc as far as practical.
- Laugh, play and have fun often. Avoid negative mental attitudes.
- Maintain strong and harmonious relationships with family and friends.
- Meditate, pray, contemplate, relax or find time for yourself everyday.
- Be thankful to HIGHER POWER who has created the universe.
- Love, forgiveness and compassion lead to happiness.